Sunday, June 01, 2014

Clearing The Work Desk!

Ok. While I was thinking about what to do next regarding my misadventures with the Vallejo Liquid Gold paint, I wasn't really painting much. But I had been keeping busy.

One thing I had to do was to clean off my desk. It was driving me nuts that I have a desk, but couldn't actually paint because it was covered in stuff. That is one of the perils of doing assembly on the same desk where you paint...as well as receiving stuff in the mail that you have yet to put away, etc.


Awesome as that stuff is, it had to go. So I got a big box, took it all down to the basement, sorted and stored it, then scrubbed and cleaned my desk, which has a glass top so makes keeping it nice and clean a breeze.

I then sorted my essential hobby stuff, tools in the drawers, paints hidden under the desk, everything straightened up, and it's ready to go!


I also made a new portable photo stage with a printed back drop I found using a Google search, and a single daylight lamp (Ottlight) positioned above to the left and behind the camera. It does pretty well, for a quick setup.

It's a very simple setup, and very portable, but works well for quick snapshots of WIP without showing off any clutter behind the subject. Notice there's clutter behind the stage? Yeah. That's other work in progress.


Here's the miniature shot on that photo stage without actually setting up or practising. This was a Christmas gift that a good friend of mine painted for me as a surprise!



Links:
OttLite
Games Workshop

No comments:

Post a Comment